Wednesday 30 March 2011

Spring dumps and Black bush...

Me and the Van Es after skiing Englers
The past few months have been sweet in terms of snowfall, best in years so I'm told.  We have a base of 209cm right now and after a few good dumps this week the skiing has been epic.  I've been lucky enough to ski some stellar lines,  Wheelers, Peytos and Englers in the Wild West and yesterday Milkyway and Cream in the Delirium Dive.  Hiking out and skiing committing lines in avalanche terrain and doing so with your buddies is just awesome, you get the reward from skiing the line yourself and then you get to watch as buddy tears it up.  It's just the same as watching your friend send their project or fight that pump on a scary trad route, it's what makes these 'adrenaline' sports so much fun and sharing it with your bro's is the way forward.  The guys that I've had the privilege to work with this season are all awesome and I've definitely made some great friends. Having these guys around me to watch, learn from and be inspired by has definitely helped my skiing.  There's no way I'd be able to ski where I have been without them, so cheers guys n gals and cheers Mark for showing me the light :)

Me top of The Wild West





Frank getting some airtime
Willy Styles - Hayes Hill

Maximus in Wheelers



__________________________________________________________________________________

Hangover breakfast at the Whyte Horse this morning was sooo good and I reckon that place does some of the best food in Canmore...

Lizzies Party last night was super fun and everyone had a great time. We drank, ate jelly beans, fornicated with rubber chickens and watched Brett bust a moove...that guy was on form last night! Were all feeling it today and I have every intention of doing sod all, so glad it's the weekend. awesome!


Toddles VS The Hitman
...the rubber chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment